Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Foray Into Scientology: Part 1

Recently I signed up for 6 months free membership to the Church of Scientology (on their website www.iasmembership.org), mostly out of procrastination and part out of curiosity as to what people would pay so much money just to belong to something like this and a little bit because I hoped I would get to meet Tom Cruise or John Travolta in real life nad not just in my dreams (sigh).

Just the other day I finally got my membership card in the post declaring me an official member of the Church of Scientology, a little bit of me felt like I had sold my soul and a little bit felt excited to be doing something new and exciting and mostly I felt nothing at all, being part of Scientology doesn't make you suddenly a superhuman like I thought it would. I almost threw the damn card out and go back to worshipping great Poseidon but I thought better of it and said I'd give Scientology a go.

So, dear readers, tune in over the following weeks and months where I will be trying the following while a member of the Church of Scientology;
  1. Try to get discounts at local shops, restaurants, pubs and other local proprietors
  2. Try and see if I can get as much free stuff as I can from the Church of Scientology
  3. Use my new Scientology superpowers for the good of all
  4. See if I can actually convince people to convert to Scientology
  5. Gain VIP access to various clubs, gigs and other assorted events
  6. Get away with absurd and outrageous acts by claiming I'm a Scientologist

Tune in next week, same Scientology place, same scientology hour!

1 comment:

  1. With your free 6 month IAS membership you won't get anything free that already isn't.

    And it won't actually earn you any VIP access anywhere.

    Sure there are free dvds they hand out (copies of what's free on the net)

    and you might be invited to lots of fund raisers

    but unless you pony up for auditing or a real membership

    youre still a piss ant to mngmt

    ReplyDelete